RE: [ccp4bb]: need estimated error of occupancy

>  I have done this with MLPHARE - you run REFMAC5 for the structure
> without the ions, and that outputs  FC/PHIC and FOM;
>
>  It is pretty reliable I think - good enough for a reviewer!

Very good idea!

An extra check that this is good enough for a reviewer is to also run REFMAC
with the ion at occ = 1.0 and then remove the ion without allowing the rest
of the protein to change before calculating FC/PHIC and FOM. If the method
is unbiased, you should get the same answer from MLPHARE.

Best wishes

John Jenkins

Institute of Food Research     	Tel:   +44 (0)1603 255319
Norwich Research Park          	Fax:   +44 (0)1603 507723
Colney Lane                    	E-mail john.jenkins@bbsrc.ac.uk
Norwich NR4 7UA
UK