[ccp4bb]: Water delete correlation

Dear all,

Sorry this is not directly CCP4 related.

I have been trying to refine the structure of a protein with CNS. I
automatically  picked waters using ' water_pick.inp' at 3 sigma cut off
level. After picking waters, I tried another subroutine 'water_delete.inp'.
As a result, many waters were rejected at 3 sigma cut off and
R-values(R/free-R) have gone up. The water_delete.inp contains a criteria
'correlation'.
Could anyone explain what is correlation in this case?

I am sorry again this is not directly CCP4 related question.

Best regards.

Masaki UNNO
Institute of Multidiscipilinary Research for Advanced Materials
(IMRAM)
Tohoku University
1,1 Katahira, 2-Chome, Aobaku, Sendai 980-8577, Japan
Tel +81-22-217-5117
Fax +81-22-217-5118