Re: [ccp4bb]: Mapstretch

> Dear crystallographic colleagues,
> Is there a way to "stretch" maps equally in all three dimensions using
> ccp4, mapman or another tool? I have an averaged map from EM (brix, ccp4
> and xplor format) which is about 1.5 times too small to fit my
> crystallographic model into. I guess something went wrong in the
> calculation of the EM-magnification, but I don't know with which program
> that map was made.
> Before people attack me - I just want to make a nice picture with
> bobscript showing which part of the protein my partial model fits into.
> --
> Mark van Raaij, m.vanraaij@chem.leidenuniv.nl

ok, if you promise it's only for purposes of illustration ...

write the map in an ascii format (e.g., EZD format with
MAPMAN); edit this file and multiply all three unit cell
lengths by 1.5; convert the map back into CCP4 or whatever
format with MAPMAN - i think this should work

come to think of it, it might even work if you change the
cell lengths with the CEll command inside MAPMAN and then
mappage the map

--dvd

                        Gerard J.  Kleywegt
    [Research Fellow of the Royal  Swedish Academy of Sciences]
Dept. of Cell & Molecular Biology  University of Uppsala
                Biomedical Centre  Box 596
                SE-751 24 Uppsala  SWEDEN

    http://xray.bmc.uu.se/gerard/  mailto:gerard@xray.bmc.uu.se
   The opinions in this message are fictional.  Any similarity
   to actual opinions, living or dead, is purely coincidental.