Re: [ccp4bb]: Mapstretch

You can stretch a map equally in all dimensions by increasing all three unit
cell parameters by the same amount. I'm not sure if this is easy to do in the
map file header records but you can always backtransform to structure factors,
make the changes to the MTZ header (SFTOOLS) and transform back.

Bart

On Mon, 10 Jun 2002, Mark van Raaij wrote:

> Dear crystallographic colleagues,
> Is there a way to "stretch" maps equally in all three dimensions using
> ccp4, mapman or another tool? I have an averaged map from EM (brix, ccp4
> and xplor format) which is about 1.5 times too small to fit my
> crystallographic model into. I guess something went wrong in the
> calculation of the EM-magnification, but I don't know with which program
> that map was made.
> Before people attack me - I just want to make a nice picture with
> bobscript showing which part of the protein my partial model fits into.
> --
> Mark van Raaij, m.vanraaij@chem.leidenuniv.nl

Dept. of Medical Microbiology & Immunology
University of Alberta
1-15 Medical Sciences Building
Edmonton, Alberta, T6G 2H7, Canada
phone:	1-780-492-0042