Re: [ccp4bb]: Thermal ellipsoid drawing

On Thursday 20 Jun 2002 2:55 pm, Ajit Basak wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> Back in old days, I have used ORTEP - for drawing thermal ellipsoid, but
> it is long time and I could not remember whether this program can handle
> more than 4000 atoms - if not could someone tell me the name of the
> program/programs that I can use for my protein molecule.

 You can use XtalView. It's free for academics. You can get it from
 http://www.sdsc.edu/CCMS/Packages/XTALVIEW/xtalview.html

 Roberto

> Thank you in advance.
>
> Ajit

>  Ajit K Basak,				Telephone: + 44 207 631 6823
>  Department of Crystallography, 	Fax: + 44 207 631 6803
>  Birkbeck College,			E-mail:a.basak@mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk
>  Malet Street, London WC1E 7HX, UK.
>
>  My web site address: http://www.cryst.bbk.ac.uk/~ubcg3ae/

Roberto A. Steiner
York Structural Biology Lab, Department of Chemistry
University of York, Heslington, York, YO10 5DD, U.K.
Tel:  (+44) 1904 434351
Fax: (+44) 1904 410519