[ccp4bb]: selenomethionine prep

hello,

here comes another not so strictly, but rather very remotely,
ccp4 related question.

would anybody have a reference to production of seleno-methionine
variants IN A FERMENTER ?

we work rather succesfully in shaker flasks with the recipe
(i.e. a variation) of van duyne et al., but in the fermenter,
we get ODs of 40 or more, and then, i anticipated (and found),
things would look a bit different.

any hint would greately contribute to minimizing the amount
of selenium contaminated broth etc. i have to dispose of
while trying to optimize the procedure.

any ideas about periplasmic expression (where i will likely
end up oxidizing all my seleno methionine ?) would also
be appreciated. it does work with the regular procedure,
but there's always room for improvement, i guess.

1000 thanks in advance

ingo

--
Ingo P. Korndoerfer