Re: [ccp4bb]: mosflm and redhad 7.3 install

Hi

I'll have to investigate the first problem - sorry for the inconvenience!
However, I'll have to install RH7.3 first - we develop on SUSE Linux for a
number of reasons.

The second problem (i.e. indexing hanging) is probably caused by the
compiler over-optimizing - which version of g77/gcc comes with RH 7.3?
_Any_ gcc/g77 version before 3.1 is over-aggressive in its optimizing - so
you have to change all instances of -O1 or -O2 to -O0. I haven't seen the
indexing hanging problem (yet!) with v 3.1.

I'd recommend downloading and using the pre-compiled binary (built with
gcc/g77 3.1) if you have problems with the build.

In general, it's best to send Mosflm problems straight to the authors
rather than to the bb.

Harry
--
Dr Harry Powell, MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, MRC Centre, Hills
Road, Cambridge, CB2 2QH