Re: [ccp4bb]: CNS composite SA omit - summary

Hi Phoebe,

APologies for the late reply.

Our experience is the same - general disillusion.  However, TOM
in my lab with Garibs helpd used a different trick which works slightly
better.

This uses refmac5, and does a reciporal space omit calculation.  20
different free R-sets, each time starting from random perturbation of the
structure.  Works well if you dont have NCS and to resolutions worse than
about 2.2A.  If you have good high resolution data, these look like the
refmac maps themselves (which to me is not surprising). it takes very
little time to run compared to the composite omit map of CNS too.

Ask Tom and he will e-mail the script for you - whatever result you get we
would like to know what happened.

Rams.

--
S. Ramaswamy