[ccp4bb]: se-met and methionine suppression

dear ccp4bb readers,

when repressing methionine biosynthesis, we have to add

		lys,thr,phe,leu,ile and val.

now, it seems clear, why we have to add thr, lys
and ile. addition of these either directly or indirectly feedback
inhibit/suppress synthesis of (phospho)homoserine, which is needed for
methionine synthesis. on the other three (leu, val, phe),
though, i have not yet found out much.
the well known paper by 'van duyne et al' (jmb 1993)) also seems
somewhat vague.

the recipe works, but it would still be interesting to know why
..... :-)

who would be able to give me a hint ...

1000 thanks in advance ...

ingo