Re: [ccp4bb]: stereo video card recomendations for linux

Danny G Smith wrote:

> have found a driver for the 5110 card at www.xig.com, does anyone have
> any experience with this driver and graphics card?

I've tested that combination under RedHat 7.2  The quality of the graphics
is not the best; in my opinion, O running with XIG on the 5110 creates
lines that are thin and dim (as compared to our PowerStorm 350 Alpha
workstations, a PC running with the Oxygen card in Windows with the NT
version of O, and a Linux PC running the apparently discontinued ATI FireGL
2).  The same thing happens with the 5110 and the Windows version of O
running on W2K.  Stereo mode works fine with CrystalEyes equipment and the
XIG drivers, however.

--
Eric Bennett ( ericb@pobox.com ; http://www.pobox.com/~ericb )

We've been doubling sales every 18 months. However, when you start
from zero, it takes a long while.
- Stephen Yeo, marketing director for Wyse