Re: [ccp4bb]: Measuring the twist of a beta-sheet

I think this was done by someone in Janet Thorntons group at UCL
Biochemistry a few years ago - You might try looking at their web pages.

On Monday, September 2, 2002, at 05:49 , Jacinta Lodge wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I have a highly twisted beta-sheet and Iīd like to define the exact
> extent
> of the twist but am not sure exactly how to do this. I would like to
> measure the degree by which the whole sheet turns when you look along it
> (it curves over to create something like a tunnel but it isnīt a
> barrel) without that measurement being affected by the angle associated
> with the small bend of the "tunnel" when you look at it from the side.
>
> Has anyone done this before or have an idea about how to go around it?
>
> thank you,
>
> Jacinta
>
> _________________________
>
>      Jacinta Lodge
>
>   Institut fuer Chemie
>    -Kristallographie-
>    Freie Universitaet
>
> Takustr. 6
> D-14195 Berlin
> Germany
> Ph: +49 (0)30 83853456

   Laurence H. Pearl

   Section of Structural Biology, Institute of Cancer Research
   Chester Beatty Laboratories,  237 Fulham Road
   London SW3 6JB, UK

   Phone +44-207-970 6045 : Secretary +44-207-970 6046
   FAX   +44-207-970 6051 : E-Mail l.pearl@icr.ac.uk
   " Live Simply and do Serious Things .. " - Dorothy Crowfoot Hodgkin