[ccp4bb]: Re: Scaling low-high resolution datasets

Further to Victor's point 1.:

Often you need to give an estimate of the initial scale for one sweep
relative to the other, otherwise scala tends to struggle a little.
Scalepack is perhaps somewhat more robust in that respect.
Also, be careful about how much of the low res data you include from the
_high_ res sweep. You may want to exclude the resolution range that
suffers most from overloads, whilst making sure there is still
sufficient overlap.

Johan

--
PLEASE NOTE CHANGE IN PHONE/FAX NUMBER AND POST CODE

Dr. Johan P. Turkenburg                     X-ray facilities manager
York Structural Biology Laboratory
Chemistry Department                        Phone (+) 44 1904 328253
University of York                              Fax   (+) 44 1904 328266
York YO10 5YW   UK                       Email: jpt@ysbl.york.ac.uk