Re: [ccp4bb]: Summary: Amore Rotation Function Scoring?

Actually the two views are not that far apart.  Though the fast rotation
function is formulated on Patterson overlap, its output in Amore is in the
form of correlation function (CC_P), which is equivalent to correlation of
intensities theoretically.  But they surely do not look equivalent in
current version of Amore.  The old score (CC_P) does appear to have better
discrimination.  Is the difference due to specific definitions used in
these scores?  It will be easier to judge the scores if the means and
standard deviations are provided as done in XPLOR/CNS with PC search or
refinement.  For Amore, these parameters are listed for CC_P but not for
other scores.  Finally no argument about the use of Beast.

Yong Wang, Ph.D.
Eli Lilly and Company
DC 0403
Lilly Corporate Center