Re: [ccp4bb]: Mosflm on OSX

Hi folks

First off, thanks to Bill Scott for replying to this first and for
providing his excellent web-pages.

At this point I should mention that I don't have OSX 10.2 installed, and
at the moment have no intention of doing so - maybe once Apple bother to
sort out the problems that others reported, I might do so.

Now to the problem reported by Chris Waddling; you should be able to build
Mosflm under 10.2 by editing the file "include.macintosh" in the Mosflm
top directory and making the following change;

	setenv MOSLIBS     "-L${CCP4_LIB} -lccp4 -lxdl_view -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXt
-lSM -lICE -lX11 "

becomes;

	setenv MOSLIBS     "-L${CCP4_LIB} -lccp4 -lxdl_view -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXt
-lSM -lICE -lX11 -lcurses"

i.e. add "-lcurses" to the list...

(Thanks to Charles Ballard for pointing this out to me). Then try to
rebuild Mosflm; if this doesn't work, please let me know.

> I recompiled all of CCP4 (a good idea) and it recompiles under CCP4,
> but I haven't been able yet to get it to recompile from the default
> build script on its own.

<snip>

> > [wsp011828wss:~] chriswad% mosflm
> > dyld: /Volumes/osx/mosflm/mosflm_macOSX_SD Undefined symbols:
> > /Volumes/osx/mosflm/mosflm_macOSX_SD undefined reference to _COLS
> > expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
> > /Volumes/osx/mosflm/mosflm_macOSX_SD undefined reference to _LINES
> > expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
> > Trace/BPT trap

Harry
--
Dr Harry Powell, MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, MRC Centre, Hills
Road, Cambridge, CB2 2QH