Re: [ccp4bb]: Uranile coordination

Dear Marie Helene,

It seems that the Heavy Atom DataBank has already got quite a number of
entries for uranyl derivatives of proteins. Each entry includes the PDB
code, the list of interacting residues, the experimental conditions and
the coordination of the heavy atom.

The URL for the Heavy Atom Databank is:

 http://www.bmm.icnet.uk/had/heavyatom.html

I hope that you find this useful.

Best wishes,

Axel

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002, Marie Helene Le Du wrote:

> Dear users,
>
> My question is not directly related to CCP4, but it needs the help of
> the entire
> community of protein crystallographers.
> We are studying the coordination of uranium in proteins, and because of
> its large
> used for heavy atom derivative search, we would like to build a library
> of the coordination
> observed in protein crystals.
> Therefore, we would be very pleased if the people who have used
> successfully an uranyl salt
> to solve their structure could send us a short mail with the pdb entry
> of the protein, the
> coordinate of the uranyl in the structure, and the uranyl salt used.
> If there is some general interest for this information, we may extend it
> to other heavy
> atoms, and give access to our results.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Marie Helene Le Du