RE: [ccp4bb]: Control of Molscript movie rate

Hi Michal,

  most movie formats use a standard of about 30 frames per second, and
usually people find that their molecular movie plays too fast at this
rate with a limited set of frames. I don't know the program you are
using, but I can recommend investing in Adobe Premiere if you want to
play around with these things. One of the features in Premiere lets you
set the number of movie frames each still image occupies. So in this way
you will be able to simulate a slower frame rate by letting each image
take up more than one frame. With the compression in the final file, it
shouldn't hurt you too much on disk space. There is also an option for
directly manipulating the frame rate, but that might not be compatible
with all formats/players.

Best wishes,

  Ditlev

Ditlev E. Brodersen, Ph.D.

Postdoctoral fellow

Medical Research Council	 Phone: 	+44 (0) 1223 252945
Laboratory of Molecular Biology	 Mobile: 	+44 (0) 7866 563050
Hills Road	 Fax:      	+44 (0) 1223 213556
Cambridge CB2 2QH 	Email:   	ding@mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
United Kingdom	 WWW: 	http://alf1.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/~ding