Re: [ccp4bb]: problems with

Dear Arti

Sorry that you're experiencing problems. There is a general problem in
4.2.1 wrt the MTZ library, which can cause the program to fail with
"Error in label assignments". There is also a bug in the version of
Scala in 4.2.1 - both these are reported on our problems page at
http://www.ccp4.ac.uk/problems.html.

However neither of these seem to quite fit the symptoms you describe.
Unfortunately it's not entirely clear to me what you've done - so if the
fixes above don't help then I would recommend that you send me the
script that you're using plus the complete logfile (up to and including
the error). It would also be useful if you could send the header from
your MTZ file (e.g. by running mtzdmp on it).

Hope this is okay for now, best wishes

Peter.

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, OnLineHelpForm wrote:

> I am using ccp4 version  release-4_2_1.
> I am using ccp4i.
> I am using the irix65 operating system.
> My compiler is: native
> I installed using compilesource
> The problem is as follows:
> I am trying to merge and scale different datasets. The error I kept
> receivig while merging was "Duplicate column labels, clumn 4 and 17
> have the same labels". SO I labelled all of my four data sets
> different, suffixing 1,2 3 & 4 to each label. The merger went
> through but then the scaling ( using scala) doesnt recognise these
> labels & comes up with " bad input labels" My data sets have beeaks
> in between, like 1-26, 1-10, 11-52 and 56-91.
> Kindly advise.
> Thank you.
> Arti
>
> I have done the following patches:
> No - but I will go back and check them now!
>

> Thanks in advance,
> arti pandey, artis@chemistry.montana.edu

Peter J Briggs, pjx@ccp4.ac.uk   Tel: +44 1925 603826
CCP4,           ccp4@ccp4.ac.uk  Fax: +44 1925 603825
                http://www.ccp4.ac.uk/
Daresbury Laboratory, Daresbury, Warrington   WA4 4AD