[ccp4bb]: mosflm under Linux

Alex Smith had reported problems during autoindexing with ipmosflm
running under Linux.

As Harry Powell pointed out in his reply, there can be problems when
building ipmosflm on Linux boxes with particular versions of the
compiler (gcc 2.96). Even with other compilers (and on other
platforms), there can be problems with optimisation during
compilation. The "Makefiles" distributed with ipmosflm on our ftp site
generally take account of this, and should give a working executable
(Please let us know if they do not !).

However, the version of ipmosflm that is built by the current CCP4
distribution on a Linux box DOES NOT WORK.

It will hang during the autoindexing, with the final lines of output
being:

DPS Indexing using  184 reflections with I >=  20 I/sigma(I)
Generating direct lattice vectors (This may take some time):
 Refining  30 direct space vectors:
selected 1

It is therefore strongly recommended that users download an executable
from the MRC LMB anonymous ftp site. Full details on how to do this
are given on the web pages set up by Harry Powell:

http://www.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/harry/mosflm

Andrew Leslie
MRC LMB, Cambridge