Re: [ccp4bb]: How to deal with sidechainatoms with low electrondensity?

On Sun, 24 Nov 2002, Harry M. Greenblatt wrote:

> In the end, however, I agree with the method
> discussed by Bart:  delete parts of side chains not seen in electron
> density, and keep the residue name as it should be, even if you have to
> delete down to the CB.  These residues are flagged in the PDB file.

Is this not exactly what one does when the main chain cannot be seen in
the electron density map?  That is, we seem to have no problem depositing
structures with missing residues/atoms at the N- and C-termini and in
loops.  Why not be consistent and do the same for other atoms that cannot
be visuallized or modelled?