RE: [ccp4bb]: How to deal with sidechainatoms with low electron density?

Well, if crystallographers would deposit structure factors, then
very simple means of displaying local structure quality
like Real Space Correlation plots - proposed long ago
and again and again to no avail - would provide the user
with a clear assessment of the quality of the model in
whatever region one might be interested. It also would give the
depositor a valuable reality check and prevent much uncecessary
arguing later on. Even w/o the structure factors made available, a
real space correlation plot tells the user a lot more than the
(esentially redundant as it is in the PDB entry) infamous 'table 1'
of data collection and (global) refinement statistics...

A bit of prior discipline would be much better than much
posterior policing.

Cheers, BR

PS: Data, data, I need more data....for the puzzlers..
PPS: Advertisement: Read 'Homo Crystallographicus' in Structure.

------------------------------------
Bernhard Rupp
c/o
Dept. of Biochemistry and Biophysics