[ccp4bb]: Re: structure factors/quality control

Here's a heretical suggestion:  can we as the crystallographic
community who wish to have our "product" continue to be viewed
in high esteem (I presume), request that the PDB - perhaps through
the body of the IUCr - "certify" those structures which have
been deposited (and verified) with the supporting data, while
classifying those submitted as coordinates only as "preliminary"
or "unverified"?

That would shift the burden to the depositor to "do the right
thing" if they want their results to not be filtered from the
reliable portion of the PDB??

-Tom

(Who is now ducking for cover.....)