Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2002 10:24 PM
Subject: [ccp4bb]: crystal spatulas

I am interested in mounting techniques for picking up very very long flexible crystals for cryocooling.  I remember reading about the use of glass spatulas.  Does anyone have advice on how to make them or a literature reference?  Or other useful techniques?

Gloria Borgstahl
Eppley Institute for Cancer Research
987696 Nebraska Medical Center
10732A Lied Transplant Center
Omaha, NE 68198-7696

Office (402) 559-8578
FAX (402) 559-8577

Associate Professor
Interests:  Cancer, Biochemistry, DNA Metabolism,
Protein Crystallography, Super-fine phi slicing, Synchrotron
Radiation, Crystal Mosaicity, and X-ray Topography