Re: [ccp4bb]: crystal spatulas

I seem to remember John Somoza telling me they made glass spatulas
by blowing a bubble (in a pasteur pipet, or glass tube?)
out to the breaking point (or beyond?) and shattering the
resulting glass film after it cooled. Needs to be very thin
to minimize xray scattering.  The pieces are slightly
curved however, may not be suitable for long needle crystals.
Ed