Re: [ccp4bb]: mosflm - determine origin from ice ring

Hi

In mosflm, use the "beam/backstop" button (just above the "Save/exit"
button); then click on at least four points round the ice ring, click on
"fit points" (which the "beam/backstop" button changes to...), then choose
the "fit beam" option in the pop-up window (you can also fit the
{circular} backstop to your points, but you probably wouldn't want to do
that if you'd picked points from an ice ring...).

> Use ipdisp, fit a circle, and it will find the circle's center, which
> should be coincident with F(000)
>
> It might help to contour the image high to make the ring thin.
>
> > Could anyone explain how I deterine the x y origin of an image using
> > ice
> > rings ?

Harry
--
Dr Harry Powell, MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, MRC Centre, Hills
Road, Cambridge, CB2 2QH