Re: [ccp4bb]: surface of Z-sliced portion of structure in GRASP

On Wednesday 04 December 2002 08:29, Schulman, Brenda wrote:
>  I would like to show a cross-section of a
> structure as a surface representation.   When I Z-slice through the
> surface in GRASP, the structure looks hollow, but I would like to see
> just behind where I've sliced (so that the part that's sliced off
> looks solid, I guess).

Raster3D can do this. Feed it the entire surface file from GRASP and
then specify a "bounding plane" that slices through at the angle you
want. See 1st example figure on
  http://www.bmsc.washington.edu/raster3d/examples/examples.html

--
Ethan A Merritt       merritt@u.washington.edu
Biomolecular Structure Center Box 357742