Re: [ccp4bb]: surface of Z-sliced portion of structure in GRASP

If you want to use grasp for this figure, then one solution for this
problem would be to delete the residues 'in front' of the residues you
want to look at from the pdb file (you can look at the structure in O
and decide what to delete). This means of course quite some work, till
you find a view you like...

Eva

"Schulman, Brenda" wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Sorry for the non-CCP4-related question, but I could really use some help
> making a figure.  I would like to show a cross-section of a structure as a
> surface representation.   When I Z-slice through the surface in GRASP, the
> structure looks hollow, but I would like to see just behind where I've
> sliced (so that the part that's sliced off looks solid, I guess).  Any
> suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  THANK YOU!!!
>
> > Brenda

Dr. Eva Freisinger
Center for Structural Biology
CMM Building, Room 150