[ccp4bb]: B factors

Hi

we (postdocs) are having a discussion in our lab about structures that
are published with high B factors ( including in the wilson value) along
the protein backbone and the legitimacy of these structures. We have
seen several papers that base their arguments on specific amino acid
interactions and yet the structures have Bfactors 70 + up to even
180......A recent one had an average B factor of 68 ( 60 for solvent)
and wilson  value of 59 at 2.5 angstrom. Perhaps not the worst
example.....but.....So I guess we would like some advice as to what is
the current opinion about B factors, resolution and good structures?

regards