Re: [ccp4bb]: ccp4bb- Warp-Arp

Dear Syed,

I would recommend two things:

1. Try 'Autobuilding starting from a model'. Make sure you use the 'Slow' protocol. Run at least 15(big)x10(small) == 150 total cycles.
2. Try ' Improve model ...'. Run 20-30 'small' cycles (there's no big cycle here since there's no autobuilding)

I would also suggest to try DM or ReSolve density modification to try and remove bias and then use Arp/wARp from
'Autobuilding from experimental phases'. Dm can be run just by clicking on the CCP4i ARP/wARP interface
under 'ARp/wARP flow parameters'. Resolve will do a better job I think. It will also produce a PDB file
from its own autobuilding routines. That can be used as is, but atthat resolution if its used as 'new' input
for ARP/wARP I believe that ARP/wARP might deliver an (even) better model for you to continue.

Tassos

PS A small note: I always use 1000-1500 reflections for Rfree instead of the more 'standard' 10%.
Saving on a few reflections sometimes for me simply does the trick.
<flamewar>

PS2 If I use DM first and THEN autobuilding I would be tempted to switch OFF Rfree. If you get nothing built,
Rfree was still high ... If you DO get 80-90% of the structure though, well, the Rfree must have dropped.
In a way I am saying that the 'autobuilding quality/connectivity index' is a validation of your refinement
protocole as well. Thus, in cases where autobuilding is not used and resolution is marginal I always tend
to have a try with Rfree off. of course, NEVER switch off Rfree if you dotn use autobuilding, ie 'DISCARDING' the
model evry few cycles and buildign it from free atoms again.