RE: [ccp4bb]: Mn versus Mg..Continues

Hi, Raji.

I have Mn in my structure and also Mg in other complexes. I never had a
problem with CNS not refining Mn properly, so may be, as Eleanor suggested
your restrains for Mn are not properly set. to distimguish between Mn and Mg I
calculate an anomalous difference Fourier map - depending on your wavelenght,
Mn should have a very high peak and Mg should have a peak weaker than S.

About your question on ligands, in CNS, when you do minimize refinement
(minimize.inp), you can set a particular group of atoms as fixed - see "atom
selection" - and refine evrything else. Then, when refining the B-factors
(bindividual.inp), you set it to refine the Bs for all atoms. This should keep
your ligand in its original position, refine everything else and then refine
the B factors for all your atoms.

Hope this helped.

Paula Salgado