Re: [ccp4bb]: ccp4 fink installation

Dear Wayne:

Very sorry for this and for anyone else that has had this happen.
There was an error I made in the script that was unmasked by the latest
version of fink.  Before that it worked.   I've now corrected it for
the fink unstable distribution and on my web page on Jan 07 2003.  I've
now listed the dates of such corrections as well.

http://chemistry.ucsc.edu/%7Ewgscott/xtal/xtalfink_html.html

When you do get it to work, it will make a debian package that you can
just transfer to your other computers by copying it into
/sw/fink/dists/local/main/binary-darwin-powerpc/ccp4_4.2.2-1_darwin-
powerpc.deb and unpack it by typing fink install ccp4.

If you want my
/sw/fink/dists/local/main/binary-darwin-powerpc/ccp4_4.2.2-1_darwin-
powerpc.deb it is here.  Please note that this is not an official CCP4
compilation and will contain the residues of anything stupid I have
done.  The file is called ccp4_4.2.2-1_darwin-powerpc.deb.gz  and you
will have to gunzip it first before you can  use it.

http://chemistry.ucsc.edu/~wgscott/xtal/ccp4_4.2.2-1_darwin-
powerpc.deb.gz

If this ever becomes really useful maybe we could ask CCP4 if they
would be willing to provide a binary distribution officially in this
format, and then

sudo apt-get install ccp4

would be all you'd ever have to do.

Just a dream.

All the best,

Bill

On Friday, January 10, 2003, at 09:20 AM, Wayne Lilyestrom wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
> 	I have tried to install ccp4 following the fink installation script
> that I got from W.G.Scotts webpage.
> I get the following error:
> nstall -d -m 755 /sw/src/root-ccp4-4.2.2-1/sw/share/doc/ccp4
> install -c -p -m 644 README CHANGES COPYING PROBLEMS
> ccp4i_installation.html doc examples html licence.txt manual
> /sw/src/root-ccp4-4.2.2-1/sw/share/doc/ccp4/
> install: doc: Inappropriate file type or format
> ### execution of install failed, exit code 71
> Failed: installing ccp4-4.2.2-1 failed
>
> 	I figure I can get the 'normal' installation to work.  But I was
> wondering if anybody knows how to fix this, since the fink
> installation will make it much easier to get ccp4 on several > computers.
> 	Thanks,
> 	--Wayne
>
> 	W A Y N E     L I L Y E S T R O M
> 	Entropy isn't what it used to be
> lilyestrom@mac.com	wayne.lilyestrom@uchsc.edu

William G. Scott

Associate Professor
and The Center for the Molecular Biology of RNA
Sinsheimer Laboratories
University of California at Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz, California 95064
USA