Re: [ccp4bb]: Comments on G4 Ti

Dear Alex:

They all run on OS X, although O broke with the 10.2.3 update.  I've
made a web page with more details:

http://chemistry.ucsc.edu/~wgscott/crystallography_on_OS_X.html

CCP4 in particular installs just as on any other unix platform.  I've
made an automated script (available on that web page) with a few hacks
that people found necessary to get a few recalcitrant programs to
compile.

All the best,

Bill Scott

On Thursday, January 2, 2003, at 01:10 PM, Alex W. Smith wrote:

> Hello all:
>
> I am thinking about purchasing a new G4 power book and would be
> interested
> in any comments current users of the new OSX may have.  I would
> particularly
> appreciate any comments on how CCP4, mosflm, O and assorted other
> crystallography programs run on the OSX platform.
>
> Regards,
>
> Alex Smith

William G. Scott

Associate Professor
and The Center for the Molecular Biology of RNA
Sinsheimer Laboratories
University of California at Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz, California 95064
USA