Re: [ccp4bb]: Comments on G4 Ti

Quoting "Alex W. Smith" <alex.smith@asu.edu>:

> Hello all:
>
> I am thinking about purchasing a new G4 power book and would be interested
> in any comments current users of the new OSX may have.  I would
> particularly
> appreciate any comments on how CCP4, mosflm, O and assorted other
> crystallography programs run on the OSX platform.
>
> Regards,
>
> Alex Smith

I have a nice Mac OSX work horse and i am quite happy with ccp4 and arp warp.
it runs without any problems. If i am not mistaken, most of the upsalla stuff
(Moleman, mapman etc) runs as well on Mac OSX.

On the whole, i am quite happy with it. The only drawback is that i am an
Xtalview fan, which is not (yet?????) available for Mac OSX. For this reason, I
still have a linux machine occupying some desk space.
O does run though, but i can't give any feedback on that ....

greetings,

Peter