[ccp4bb]: StereoGraphics on OSX

For the Mac-users out there, and for the sceptics who said Apple wouldn't listen...

Apple and StereoGraphics just announced Stereo support for OS X macs.

http://www.stereographics.com/news_about_us/03news/pr021203b.html

They've been running a booth at the AAAS meeting demonstrating PyMOL and other packages.  I've personally tested PyMOL on their setup and it works great (best with the nVidia Titanium).

However, you are currently limited to full-screen when in stereo mode.  If stereo-in-a-window is important to you (as it is to me), then please let Apple know via the usual channels:

mailto:scitech@apple.com
http://survey.info.apple.com/feedback/

Also keep in mind that you will need a good CRT for stereo -- unfortunately Apple's beautiful flat panel displays can't do a crisp 120 Hz refresh.

Cheers,
Warren