[ccp4bb]: Questions about translational NCS

Hi, all,

I have several questions about translational NCS.

1) If I have a pure translational NCS, I can find a peak in my
native patterson map. But if I have a NCS happen to be parallel
to my crystallographic symmetry, they generate some
translational vectors and I can find a peak in my native
patterson map too. How do I know it is a pure translational NCS
or a NCS parallel to the crystallographic symmetry?

2) I was told that the translational NCS could make the data
look like a data from a twinning crystal. Is that true? If it
is, could somebody explain it to me or point out some
reference? Will the pure translational NCS and NCS parallel to
crystallographic symmetry give the similar intensity
distribution?

Thanks.

Jianghai
--