Re: [ccp4bb]: summary of sulphate spelling

>Just to be anal: sulfur is Latin which has never had a 'ph'. That's Greek,
which will be verified by Tassos. The
>Romans didn't like the Greek and would be very upset. There was an article
in Nature a long time ago advocating

What about the high level of homology between Greek and Roman gods?

For what it's worth, I was taught to spell it "sulfur" from Day One (being
~1990, my 1st year
of undergraduate chemistry).

Aaron

---