Re: [ccp4bb]: questions on dimers in crystal packing

Actually, you can form different dimers depending on your crystallographic symmetry. To
decide which dimer is functional in solution is a different issue.
I have seen cases where Small-Angle X-ray Scattering (SAXS) was able to determine which
dimer was functional in solution, what was not clear from the crystal only.

Cheers,

Ricardo Aparicio
USP/Brazil

PS: A good site for SAXS is