RE: [ccp4bb]: stucture factor calculation

Dear Dr. Ibrahim

I had same experiece as you (PDB code 1IRU). Some residues converge in
disallowed region in CNS refinement.
Are these residues of your structure in hydrophobic environment ? I think
there is possibility that such residues are appereaed in disallowed regions.
Is it my misunderstanding ?

You can fix residues or atoms in CNS refinement (anneal.inp ), for example
atom_fix=(residue 240 and  segid A), but I think it is not neccesary to do
so.

Best regards.

Masaki UNNO

Institute of Multidisciplinary Research for Advanced Materials (IMRAM)

2-1-1, Katahira, Aobaku, Sendai, 980-8577
JAPAN
tel +81-22-217-5117
fax +81-22-217-5118