Re: [ccp4bb]: re: Problems with PDB entry 1muo; flame war II

Hi:
This happens in grant writing as well.
A keep them honest approach....
Just like copyright transfer agreement, reviewers should send in "Conflict
of Interest" agreemnet.
This may stipulate that :
I do not have any conflict of interest;
I will not publish work along these lines in the near future (time?)
I agree to be "discredited" in the scientific community if I did so.

If the Editors later comes to know about  Plagiarism then they will no
longer be bound by the "discretion".
They should recommend the journal to publish the name(s) of the reviewer who
"stole" the concept
and should not allow that person from publishing anything in that journal.
And to do justice, publsih the
original submission with proper credit!
And write a letter to the friendly journal as to what happend. Publishers of
the "friendly" journal are
then obliged to withdraw the paper and follow suit in not accepting any
mansucript for publication.
subbu