Re: [ccp4bb]: Problems with PDB entry 1muo

Hi,

Some  people will  tell you  that you  propose something  impossible. In
fact, it's  just difficult,  which is a  very different thing.  And it's
reasonable, so we should back your words.

I would  like your "oath" in your  previous message to become  a sort of
Hippocratic oath for crystallographers. However, many will think this is
another "impossible, utopian" proposition.

Eppur si muove.

Thanks for your ideas!
Cheers,

Miguel

N.Ramasubbu <ramasun1@umdnj.edu>, 25/04/2003:

> Hi:
> This happens in grant writing as well.
> A keep them honest approach....
> Just like copyright transfer agreement, reviewers should send in "Conflict
> of Interest" agreemnet.
> This may stipulate that :
> I do not have any conflict of interest;
> I will not publish work along these lines in the near future (time?)
> I agree to be "discredited" in the scientific community if I did so.
>
> If the Editors later comes to know about  Plagiarism then they will no
> longer be bound by the "discretion".
> They should recommend the journal to publish the name(s) of the reviewer who
> "stole" the concept
> and should not allow that person from publishing anything in that journal.
> And to do justice, publsih the
> original submission with proper credit!
> And write a letter to the friendly journal as to what happend. Publishers of
> the "friendly" journal are
> then obliged to withdraw the paper and follow suit in not accepting any
> mansucript for publication.
> subbu

~~~~~~~~~

--