[ccp4bb]: Cryocrystallography Tools?

Dear colleagues of the CCP4BB club,

I've got another non-CCP4 related question which could be of some more
general interest:
in the near future I have to decide which commercial cryocrystallography
tools to buy for a new protein crystallography group at the Paul
Scherrer Institute. I would like to benefit from your experiences with
such cryo-tools (as from Hampton Research or from Molecular Dimensions
Ltd., or from ???) With which loops, vessels, tongs have you made good
experiences? How easy is the handling? Did you compare different systems
on your own? How neccessary is it to work with a goniometer head with a
long arc? Or to put this question the other way around - does a
cryo-system exist where you can safely mount cryo-cooled crystals on a
goniometer head oriented horizontally (as for instance on the MAR
goniostat)?
You would help me even if you could contribute your experience for one
question!
As has become good practice in the recent past, I will post a summary of
your replies after a couple of days on the CCP4BB.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

Best regards to all of you,
Dirk Kostrewa.

--

"Think slow - act fast." (Buster Keaton)

* Dirk Kostrewa            e-mail: dirk.kostrewa@psi.ch *
* Paul Scherrer Institut   tel: +41-56-310-4722         *
* Life Sciences OSRA/007   fax: +41-56-310-4556         *
* CH-5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland                     *