DOC to LaTex

Group 708 Account writes:
 > Is there an easy way to convert a WORD-formatted file to a LaTex formatted file?
 > The reviewer said that only Latex or RevTex files can be submitted. I wonder if
 > any software can do this job of converting format.

That's a breath of fresh air! I'm fed up with being told to convert my
LaTeX files to Word files by some of the less savvy publishers!

An extensive list of filters is available at:
    http://www.w3.org/Tools/Word_proc_filters.html
Unfortunately the options are a bit thin. Word2x looks most promising,
although you may have to convert your file to Word6 format first. I
would try it out, but it is a pain to build on SGI.

Kevin