MAD as a special case of MIR with anomalous

Hello All,
Does someone have a good answer for this question?
If I phase a 4-wavelength MAD dataset using MLPHARE
as described in its documentation, using one wavelength
as both "native" and "derivative" and using the other three
as "derivatives", with anomalous signal for all derivatives,
am I justified in saying the structure was solved using
the MAD method, or do I need to say it was solved
"using MAD data treated as a special case of MIR
with anomalous"?

Never mind the semantics, or differences in the
refinement method. Once positions and real & anomalous
occupancies are refined for each site, is there a
significant difference in the way phases are calculated,
between MLPHARE and some specialized MAD phasing program?

Does MLPHARE not use some information from the
dataset that a MAD program would use?

Ed