[ccp4bb]: Prosil and Izit

Hi all,

Just a couple of questions regarding crystallization chemicals:

1. Does anyone in Europe know where I can buy Prosil or aquasil or its
equivalent without having to buy from an american company (such as
Hampton research) and paying the shipping fees.

2. I am thinking of making a "home made" batch of Izit dye for
differentiating between protein and salt crystals. I was going to use
the classic recipe of  100 mg Coomassie Brilliant Blue/ 50 ml 95%
EtOH/100 ml phosphoric acid/50 ml water. This is the recipe for
Coomassie blue used for staining proteins before running them on an SDS
PAGE gel. Does this work?

Thanks for the info,

Dave

Si on ne peut plus tricher avec ses amis, ce
n'est plus la peine de jouer aux cartes.
                             - Marcel Pagnol -
Dr David MANDELMAN
IBCP - CNRS UMR 5086
7, Passage du Vercors