[ccp4bb]: 24 (and 32) bpp colour - a note of caution

Hi folks

I've been doing some further testing on the fix that I posted yesterday,
and noticed something that might cause a little consternation.

The bad news is that if you are running the re-built MOSFLM on a Linux box
from a remote machine which has the colour depth set to 8 bpp, you end up
with a completely black window for the image display (I've also tried
this on one of our X-terminals with extra memory, and get a completely
white display).

Running the Linux box with 8 bpp colour gives you a "normal" 8 bpp
display, i.e. psychedelic if you've got other colour-hungry applications
running, but usable if you shift focus to the image display window.

The good news is that MOSFLM will still run under these conditions, you
just can't check your predictions...

Harry
--
Dr Harry Powell, MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, MRC Centre, Hills
Road, Cambridge, CB2 2QH