From: Flip Hoedemaeker [mailto:hoedemae@chem.leidenuniv.nl]
Sent: den 25 januari 2001 19:19
To: Phil Evans; ccp4bb@dl.ac.uk
Subject: RE: [ccp4bb]: Mail & Mime (was attachments)

Hmm,

As I mentioned to Phil in an earlier private message, people use these
charsets because apart from sending emails the CCP4bb they also want to
occasionally communicate with people in their native tongue. Obviously, when
writing in English no "aberrant" characters are used and receivers wouldn't
notice this if they use mailers that do not complain like XEmacs apparently
does! There are plenty good mailers available. International CCP4 users
shouldn't have to reset their mailers for an occasional email to a BB, while
of course sending in plain text is always a good idea. If subscribers to the
BB want to skip these mails, its of course up to them. You cannot preselect
specific topics either...

Flip