[ccp4bb]: Cryo/Oil Summary

Oil/Cryo summary

Thanks to all for their contributions! It is clear from the
in many cases. We've had good luck so far, but organic solvents
in the drop may pose problems. We do see diffuse scattering due to Si,
but not enough to be concerned. Some suggest drying the oil as an
aid in removing the water layer on the surface of the crystal. We suspect
technique is very important here, and oil composition less important.
We tried a silcone-based diffusion pump oil from Dow (750).
It is thermally stable and claims to be radiation and oxidation resistant.

There is an older small-molecule reference I have not been able to locate, so perhaps
someone can forward it. Anyhow, here are the papers we've found so far (Thanks Ulrich Englich).