Re: [ccp4bb]: 4.1 X-windows

>>>>> "HP" == Harry Powell <harry@mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk> writes:

 HP> The only compiler I
 HP> know that complains about it is gcc

For what it's worth, it's a feature of GNU libc with an appropriate
binary format/linker, not the compiler.

 HP> I believe that someone came up with a safe fix for it a year or
 HP> so ago, but I've forgotten what it was :-(

`gets' should be replaced (preferably) with `getline' if you're using
GNU libc, otherwise with `fgets'.  See the GNU libc documentation.

[Something you can't fix is the warning you may get about `tmpnam'
used by the g77 library if you link against a recent glibc.]