Re: [ccp4bb]: REFMAC5 under CCP4 4.1

"David J. Schuller" wrote:

> hi,
>
> I tried running REFMAC5 with identical script and input i used a couple
> months ago.  back then, it was stable.  now, it distorts my protein
> terribly and the R factor climbs from 0.24 up to 0.55.  the differences:
> 1) back then I was using a Digital Unix Alpha, now i am on Linux (I hope
> this is irrelevant)
> 2) back then I was using an early release of REFMAC5 under CCP4 4.0.1. now
> I am using CCP4 v4.1 with the REFMAC5 release contained therein.
>
> is there either a bug or a required change to input scripts?  I couldn't
> check the PROBLEMS page as the CCP4 web site seems to be down this
> weekend. (i hope the mailing lists are working)
>
> here's my script, the output of the new run and the diff between that and
> the old run are attached.
>
> thanks,

Hi David,

It is linux 7.0 problem. To be precise it is optimisation of g77 compilers
problem. I have tested on older
version of linux and things work o.k. Problem arises for codes like

DO    I=1,N
   IF(TEST.EQ.ALPHA(I) ) GOTO 10
ENDDO

Whatever

10 CONTINUE

At the moment cure is to compile with O0 (ccp4 library as well as programs).
Programs will run slower but will
work.

Regards
Garib

Garib N. Murshudov, Chemistry Department, University of York, U.K.
Tel: Home +44 (1904) 42 62 87, work:  +44 (1904) 43 25 65