Re: [ccp4bb]: CCP4 installation on Irix notes

On Fri, 16 Mar 2001, Kay Diederichs wrote:

> I would like to make two points about CCP4 installation on Irix.
> 1) the -n32 ABI has a number of advantages compared to the (old and CCP4
> default) -o32 (or -32, which is the same) ABI.
> This runs without problems here (Irix 6.5 and compiler 7.3.1.2m), and is
> 50-100% faster than -o32.

you do not describe the hardware you are running on.  the -n32 is
optimised for the R10000 instruction set.  The reason the -32 option is
still used is that it uses the R4000 instruction set, which is essential
for those of us with older hardware(R4000, R4400).

cheers,

                       "Reality:  What a gyp."  - Dogbert
                        David J. Schuller
                        modern man in a post-modern world