[ccp4bb]: unstable crystals

I have crystallized a protein but the crystals are
extremely unstable.  First the crystals appear very
transparent and good shape.  After one or two days the
crystals decay and a week later or so the crystals
completely dissolve, finally phase seperate.  The
precipitant is PEG4000 and the protein is soluble.  We
have no X-ray machine to collect data as soon as we
get the crystals so this situation really give us
troubles. We have tried to transfer the crystals to
higher  precipitant concentration solution when we get
them but the crystals still decay and do not diffract
(only to 10 A).  Is there anyone have had this problem
before?  Can anyone give us some suggestions?

Thank you very much!

Mary